Monday, July 2, 2012

Melted Lemonade and Whittling




As I heard my mother on the other side of the phone talking about taking on the job of moving her whole house to Austin, I immedately knew I was headed to west Texas.  Which meant there was a "no time limit" on a stay.
Since my job allows me to just pick up my camera bag and go, as many think, I start thinking of how I could create a bit of business back home and reunite with some old friends too.

I called my mom with an idea I got from a photog friend of mine - Summer Cates. Which her idea was a Lemonaide stand. The Images from Summer session were sooo cute and I wanted to try the concept- Here is her work-
Photo taken by Summer Cates: Summer Cates Photography,


So, I did exactly that. Odessa specificly is pretty hot and dry. Lots of dirt and wind. I remember drinking a lot of Tea and some lemonade to qwinch our thirst. SO I ran with it.

Packed fully to the top,  we head out and drove 6 hrs to where the "aromma filled air is full of gas and the dirt are the daily smells. -ahh.... Odessa/ Midland."


I packed for two days and made sure I had enough props and my camera gear to pull this off but also enough to fit all of us in the jeep!


That Thursday was my 38th birthday. Wow! 38... gettn up there.
Either way I had to get up and get on my way... my first client was scheduled at 8am!
Thank you to the Chambers Secret Garden for allowing us to turn this garden
into a beautiful backdrop!
Here is the website:
"Thank GOD" I asked my VERY Creative Mother and my Tia (aunt) to help me. They have this wonderful eye to create sets. ME? Ummm.... Not so much so. I stay behind the camera. :)
The Day before they had me all over the city serching for set/ props... "Like we didn;t already have a ton!!!" -- That Night they worked till almost midnight making sure I would be able to pull this off!
I so pulled this off, BUT ONLY with a great Team helping!

" THANK YOU MOM AND TIA FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!"
" THANK YOU TO TIA ROSA FOR DEALING WITH THE KIDS ;)"
As my first session arrived I had some ideas of what I wanted since nothing was set up some which in turn let me get some cute New born pics of this cute, chubby, baby! He is family and adorable.




Here are intresting photos threw out the day
of the kids haing fun...


As these adorable Boys were fishing ~
We had the girls getting all Dolled up! 

Once the Heat Kicked in... the Lemonade came out
and everyone was ready to hand out and have
something to drink!
(above) Miss Julia was perfect.
I loved her sweetness and Love she shares
just being in her presence.
&
It was pretty Hot that the boys just had to
get the ice!  This one was cute. One of my faves.




THEN!!! We Had The Hubbard Family!
Beautiful Family I Must Say.
I also must say,
I never thought i'd would be taking pictures of two high school friends that ended up married!!!
OF Course they created these beautiful children you see below and I was blessed to
have met them, snap them and happy to see an old friend again, Angie








Thank you for the Music too!!!! GIna

No comments: